The story, which is currently told us in Wow: Shadowlands, can please or not. In any case, it is the closing point of a long story that started with the strategy games of Warcraft starting. Unfortunately, the very extensive story has a great weak spot: whoever wants you to really understand, who can not rely on quests or raids in Wow. Because a large part of the story is not or only insufficiently told within the games.
So if you really want to understand everything and the entire story around Azeroth, Draenor, the Legion, the scourge and everything else, what else is about orcs and people turns, who has to sit back and enjoy the variety of books that Have come out of the years. However, there is also a little hook here. Similar to the Marvel films, the books are not necessarily always appeared in the order in which they should read them now. Because otherwise she likes to jump across the story and understands even less than before. Therefore, for you, we have a brief overview of which books are to be read in what order.
All Warcraft books in chronological order
- World of Warcraft: Chronicles Volume 1
- Traveled through an age full of myths and legends, long before the emergence of Horde and Alliance. This extensive work on the Warcraft History presents numerous hitherto unexpected stories about the birth of the cosmos, about the rise of ancient empires and the powers that made the world Azeroth and their population to what they are today.
- The war of ancestors (the source of eternity, the demon soul, the awakening)
- The trilogy war of the ancestors revolves around the first major war on Azeroth when the highborns at their experiments at the magic attracted the burning legion and led into their own home.
- World of Warcraft: Chronicles Volume 2
- The second band of World of Warcraft chronicles continues this epic, multi-part series – with a view of the history of ancient Draenor, the home world of the Orcs and the birthplace of the mighty horde. But that’s just the beginning of an exciting journey!
- World of Warcraft: Rise of Horde
- This book tells the story about the shamanistic ORCs, their contacts to the Draenei and their way to the Horde. But connoisseurs from WOW are not much new here.
- World of Warcraft: The Last Guarder
- Here, the story is told around the young apprentice Khadgar and his teacher Medivh. The latter is one of the guards of Tirisfal and evidently combats the Legion – until his betrayal.
- World of Warcraft: In the current of darkness
- The third part of the series is about the second war between people and Orcs. The backgrounds of both sides are illuminated
World of Warcraft: Beyond the Dark Portal
- At the end of the second war, the Alliance finally succeeded in showing the Horde and destroying the dark portal, which was combined the only connection between Azeroth and Draenor – the home world of the ORCS. Two years later, the Horde has returned and brings chaos and mischief about Azeroth.
World of Warcraft: Lord of the Klans
- Tells the story of the young Orc Thrall, who grew up as a slave before he released the Orcs and united to the Horde.
Warcraft: The day of the dragon
- Trades from the young magician Rhonin, who moved to Khaz Modan together with the dragon of Krasus to free the prisoners of red dragons there.
- World of Warcraft: Chronicles Volume 3
- Volume III The World of Warcraft chronicles continues the epic, multi-part saga of the history of Azeroths: as a hopping of the burning legion unleash a mysterious plague of the UNTOD, this crashes the Horde and the Alliance into a new age of the conflict. Iconic characters such as Arthas Menethil, Jaina Prachtmeer, Thrall and Illidan Storm Grimm have to decide what they are ready to sacrifice to save their world.
- World of Warcraft: Arthas – Rise of Lich King
- We get the story of the legendary Artha’s Menethil told. From his beginnings as a crown prince Lordaeron and Paladin’s silver hand to the Iconic Lichkönig on the Frostthron.
- World of Warcraft: Devil’s Circle
- The Burning Legion was defeated and the Eastern regions of Kalimdor are now dominated by two parties: on one side the Orcs of Durotar, under the command of the Charismatic Warchief Thrall – on the other side the people of Theramore, led by the most powerful magician This time: Lady Jaina Prachtmeer. But the peace between Orcs and people is brittle.
- World of Warcraft: Illidan
- Ten thousand years, he vegetatively marved in the dungeon – void and deposited, but without losing sight without losing his true determination. Now the Legion has returned, and there is only one that can not offer you the forehead. From his shackles, Illidan is preparing for the last confrontation in the strange shard world, where he is a grotesque army from Orcs, Naga, blood solving and demon hunters around themselves to reposition the invaders. The official book on the extension Legion also deals with the time far before these events.
- World of Warcraft: The night of the dragon
- Krasus, which is known as the Red Dragon Korialstrasz, feels like the dark power Grim Batol’s strengthened again and threatens all those who love him and expensive. He is firmly determined to stop the evil for all for all – and he is doing well, because deep in the shadow of the mountain lurks something that wants to comply with a new age of horror and destruction.
- World of Warcraft: Storm Grimm
- The novel of Richard A. Knaak treats the story of Malfurion Storm Grimm and tells the story about the corruption of the emerald-green nightmare.
World of Warcraft: World Chop
- Thrall, wise shaman and warhead of the horde, feels a disturbing change. The elements no longer hear the shamans and the connections to the spirits has become weak and brittle. While the ORC has to fight with problems within the Horde, and Varian thinks about an attack on the Horde, an upcoming disaster is distinguished. The official novel for extension Cataclysm.
World of Warcraft: Wolfshear
* The novel of Richard A. Knaak is dedicated to the political events within the Alliance after cataclysm. The history of the charismatic leader of the Allianz, Varian Wrynn, is further led here. But the side of the Horde and Garrosh’s campaign against the night elves is addressed.
* World of Warcraft: Thrall – Dragon Dawn
* After the cataclysm, the world of Azeroth is another 1. In dragon dawn, we accompany the way from Thrall and the big dragon aspects on their way to stop the world destroyer death swing and finally destroy.
* Jaina Prachtmeer: Tides of the war
* The ashes of the world cake lies on Azeroth. While the held world is slowly recovering from the consequences of the huge catastrophe, Lady Jaina Prachtmeer uses everything to improve the relationship between Alliance and Horde. But then Garrosh Theramore attacks and makes it the same, whereupon the magician plans to eliminate Orgrimmar.
* World of Warcraft: Distance of the aspects
* After the dragons have lost their power, Malygos recalls the former times. We experience the emergence of the apes and the struggle of the dragons and titans against the huge protodrops of Galacrond.
* World of Warcraft: The ultimate compendium
* Less a novel, but rather a reference book in which the main persons and actions of the story of WOW are united – with accompanying illustrations.
* Vol’jin: Shadow of the Horde
* The history of the leader of the dark peers, after this in Pandaria fell victim to an assassination of Garrosh hillcry and just survived.
- World of Warcraft: Traveler (+ the Goblin City and the Glowing Sword)
- In the Traveler series, several, small stories from the world of Azeroth are told, which are not or very little to do with the expression of the universe or World of Warcraft.
- World of Warcraft: War Crimes
- The siege Orgrimmars is over. The armed forces of Allianz and Horde have deposed Garrosh hillcoat as a warhead of the Horde. Now the former warchief will be made on the legendary continent Pandaria the process. Well-known leader from all of Azeroth have gathered to attend this historical event. Tell the story between Mistt’s OD Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor.
- World of Warcraft: Before the Storm
- Horde and Alliance have defeated the demons of the burning legion, but deep under the surface of Azeroths brides a terrible catastrophe together. For Anduin Wrynn, King of Stormwind, and Sylvana’s wind runners, warhead of the Horde and Queen of the abandoned, hardly remains time for reconstruction and much less for the mourning around what is lost. Tell the history of Battle for Azeroth.
- World of Warcraft: Climbing the Shadow
- The official history of Shadowlands stuffs the gap that gives between BFA and the current extension. We learn how the young Anduin is the burden of a ruling mastered and waived the Horde on a new warhead. Unfortunately, the novel from the feather of Madeleine Roux is considered one of the worse around World of Warcraft.
However, it should be noted that some of the stories have meanwhile been removed from the Warcraft Canon by later books or extensions. For more than once, the authors and developers did not like something and they have ignored and turned it down. But that can only be difficult to avoid such a long history.
To home page